Real Header

Thursday, September 27, 2012

New Product :: Social Skills Land

New Product :: Social Skills Land


Sometimes we have to disguise learning into games! Students love Candyland®, but don't always like talking about bullying, anger control, or problem-solving. This was one of the very first games I started playing with my students after getting my first job as a school social worker. I kept wanting to find something I could grab quickly if I didn't have time to plan for a group (yeah...because that never happens, right!?)

This contains 144 EDITABLE cards (with decorative card backs) of the following types to increase pragmatic social skills and problem-solving skills in students ages 5-13:

- Anger Control
- Positive Thinking
- Debugging (Ignore, Walk Away, Speak Friendly, Speak Firmly, Get an Adult)
- Bullying
- Feelings
- Friendship

Students of all ability levels love moving their piece along the same Candyland® board they've come to know and love, and hardly even realize they're learning at the same time!

Example Questions:

1) Talk about a time when you saw someone else being a good friend.
2) MAKE IT POSITIVE! I’ll probably fail this test just like the other ones.
3) Draw a scared person.
4) TRUE or FALSE? Teachers don’t want to hear about problems at home.
5) Sasha said that only popular girls can play with the jump ropes at recess. What should you do or say?
6) Act out what an angry person would look like.

2 comments:

  1. [...] response to such great demand for my Social Skills Land Game, I added 6 additional packs that can be interchanged with (or used instead of) packs from the [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. […] product with you all. Recently, I’ve really gotten into making social-emotional games like my Social Skills Land and Social Superstar Games. My students love playing them all and I’ve found that […]

    ReplyDelete